Here’s a fantastic recipe for a cold Sunday afternoon cooking session as you sip wine.
- 16 ounces ground lean turkey or beef
- 3 cups (15 ounces) sliced raw potatoes
- 1 – 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 – 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-3/4 cups (one 15 ounce can) Hunt’s Chunky Tomato Sauce
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes, celery, carrots, and onion in crockpot.
- Sprinkle peas over top.
- Spoon browned meat over vegetables.
- Stir Italian seasoning into tomato sauce.
- Evenly pour sauce over meat and cover.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir well just before serving.
Serves about 6.